Safend Industry Verticals - GovernmentIncreasing Security and Accountability in Government Agencies
Today, government agencies are obligated to maintain ever higher levels of security, availability and accountability. Required to closely protect information under regulatory statutes like HIPAA and the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), agencies are simultaneously required to communicate with vast numbers of citizens under the Freedom of Information Act, and share information with other agencies to facilitate important governmental initiatives.
Maintaining the internal and external flow of sensitive data while protecting it is one of the key challenges facing governmental organizations today. Since data can no longer be closely held inside the firewall, data leakage – both accidental and malicious – is a very real threat.
Nowhere is sensitive government data more vulnerable than at the endpoint. Growing numbers of PCs/laptops, removable storage devices, the use of wireless ports and users with access to sensitive information have made data leakage and introduction of malware at the endpoints prevalent and dangerous.
Meeting the Challenges of Government Data Security
Safend Data Protection Suite enable government organizations to lower the risk of data loss by automatically identifying security and operational vulnerabilities and enforcing encryption and device usage policies at the endpoint.
Safend Data Protection Suite guard the wealth of confidential data handled by government agencies by eliminating the risk of critical data being lost or improperly disclosed.
Safend Data Protection Suite is Common Criteria EAL2 Certified, and is in "Coordination" phase of FIBS 140-2 certification process.
Safend protects information residing on the endpoint from unauthorized access by encrypting PC and laptop hard disks and applying customized, highly-granular security policies over all physical, wireless and storage devices. Safend detects, logs and restricts unapproved data transfers from any computer in the enterprise – protecting each computer 100% of the time, even when it is not connected to the network, and also enforcing encryption of data transferred to external storage devices, including CD/DVDs.
With Safend, internal and external governmental exchange of information is streamlined, without compromising data security or raising liability. Safend solutions allow government agencies to:
- Meet strict requirements posed Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme for IT Security(CCEVS)
- Comply with data security privacy standards such as HIPAA and state legislation
- Centrally monitor and control devices and ports while reducing endpoint security TCO
- Eliminate the risk of sensitive data being improperly disclosed through negligent or unauthorized use of wireless ports and removable storage devices.
- Secure PC and laptops using hard disk encryption
- Protect information allowed for transfer to removable devices with the enforced encryption of data written to external storage devices and CD/DVDs
- Guard data from the threat of malware and hardware keylogger devices