Safend Industry Verticals - ManufacturingMaintaining Competitive Edge in Manufacturing
In today's highly-competitive corporate environment, maintaining the confidentiality of proprietary information - patents, source code, product designs, customer and financial records, competitive analysis and business plans - is crucial to the success of a manufacturing company.
At the same time, providing access to data is key to faster time-to-market and ultimately maintaining competitive edge. The challenge for manufacturering companies today is how to effectively share information, making it accessible to necessary employees and partners, without exposing it. Nowhere is this challenge more relevant than at the endpoint – home to over 60% of sensitive corporate data, according to studies. The growing use of PCs/laptops, removable storage, increased reliance on wireless networking, and prevalence of employee smart phones, PDA and personal music devices (iPods or MP3 players) in the workplace means that data once safe inside the firewall may be so no longer.
Meeting the Challenges Corporate Data Security in Manufacturing
Automatically identifying security and vulnerabilities, while at the same time enforcing encryption and device usage policies at the endpoint, Safend Data Protection Suite enables manufacturers to safeguard sensitive data.
Safend Data Protection Suite guards the wealth of confidential information on corporate networks by eliminating the risk of critical data being lost or improperly disclosed via endpoints.
Safend protects information residing on the endpoint from unauthorized access and prevents the introduction of malware by monitoring real-time traffic and applying customized, highly-granular security policies over all PCs/laptops as well as physical, wireless and storage devices. Safend detects, logs and restricts unapproved data transfer from any computer in the enterprise – protecting each computer 100% of the time, even when it is not connected to the network, and also enforcing encryption of data stored on laptops, external storage devices and CD/DVDs.
Safend Data Protection Suite facilitates compliance with existing and emerging privacy standards. With Safend, internal and external exchange of information is streamlined, without compromising data security or raising liability. Safend Data Protection Suite allows manufacturing companies to:
- Centrally monitor and control inbound and outbound data traffic through the multitude of endpoints ports at regional and corporate offices
- Eliminate the risk of corporate IP from being lost or improperly disclosed through negligent or unauthorized use of PCs/laptops and wireless and removable storage devices
- Secure information allowed for transfer to removable devices with the enforced encryption of data stored on laptops, external storage devices and CD/DVDs
- Prevent malware and keyloggers from “snooping” or stealing patents and other confidential information
- Comply with the data security and privacy standards of SOX, PCI and others.